Saturday, August 18, 2012

McCall's 6118

This is another project I started many months ago (I used the left over scraps as the lining for my graduation dress in May) and just finally completed.  Not really much to say about it, except that it's very easy and really cute.


(please excuse my dirty mirror)
I do think it may run a little big.  I think the top band is too loose.  I took it in a little more than 1/4 inch, but it's still slack.  I could probably take it in another 1/2 inch, but I'm just going to leave it.  Next time, I'll cut the band a size down.  Also, I cut about a 3/4 inch off the bottom because the top is a little longer than I wanted.

When I first saw this fabric, I wasn't sure about it, but then I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Now, I think it's gorg!

Conclusion:  I love this top!

3 comments:

  1. Its nice ! Nice print. Thank you for your comments on my handbag @ pattern review. Do visit me on my blog when you have time.here

    ReplyDelete