I've recently purchased a bunch of skirt patterns and now that it looks like the warm weather is here to stay, it's time to make more skirts!
First up, McCall's 6471 (view D):
I was going through my fabric stash and decided the remaining fabric from my Barrister's Ball dress last year would be perfect for this pattern. Here it is:
My ruffle is on the wrong side because of the way I had to cut the fabric to keep the border at the bottom. Due to the way I cut out the fabric, I almost made a very big mistake...the left front was backwards when I went to pin it together! Luckily, I had just enough to cut another piece out.
Also, after I cut out the pieces I realized that the copyright text would show. Since I had no more fabric to spare, I decided to make a black stripe down the side using bias tape to cover the text. I think it works and it's not too obvious:
I had the same problem as I had the last time I made a skirt...I needed to extend the waistband. This time, because the waistband is a yoke, it's visible, but fortunately, it's not too visible probably due to the pattern of the fabric.
Love this skirt!
UPDATE (5/20): Wore the skirt to work today: