I purchased this pattern a long time ago and have just been waiting for the right fabric/occasion to make it. When I got my ticket for a white Memorial Day Play Date (game night + concert for adults), I decided I would make this in white denim.
(It looks really good with this necklace)
(I forgot to take pics at the event, but I wore it to work.)
This very easy straightforward dress ended up taking me over 12 hours to make. First, I must not have been paying attention when I purchased the fabric because I did not have enough. I was making this dress the day before the event so I did not want to waste time going back to the fabric store. Luckily, I had just enough eyelet scraps to make it work.
Then when I was constructing the skirt, I noticed I cut the skirt too close to the edge of the fabric. The ridges of the edge were visible and too wide to be hidden in the seam allowance. To hide it, I ran black binding underneath the zipper extending all the way down to the hem of the dress. If I had a long enough zipper in stock, I would've done that instead, but I had to work with what I had.
I really wanted to add pockets, but since I was running low on time, I didn't do it. Next time, I will add pockets and make a size smaller...the bodice bunches in the chest area.